Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Story

This whole thing started five years ago. I began to have episodes where I felt like I could not get a full breath. I would try to suck in air, but I could not get enough in. So I would yawn and cough, tying to get more air.

Over time, these episodes became worse, and it became a constant problem. I mentioned it to to my doctor, but tests and x-rays revealed nothing. I was even given medication...but I knew I did not want to be on medication the rest of my life.

Not only was this struggle to get air in annoying, it left me tired all the time. I was so frustrated and angry that there was no solution. I couldn't believe how little help my doctor was. I was spending my whole day coughing, trying to yawn, and bracing myself against anything I could to try and force air into my lungs. I was worried sick about what the cause of this could be and in despair because I felt like there was no end in sight.

One night, in tears because I could not breathe, I expressed to my husband how scared and frustrated I was. We said a prayer about it. Immediately afterwords, as I had done many times before, I Googled "difficulty inhaling" and the first hit was this website : http://www.breathingcoordination.com/selfhelp.html. I went there, and the information I found changed my life, and fixed my breathing problem!

Now that I have been practicing coordinated breathing, I can inhale properly and I am full of energy. I feel like I was in a coma for five years in comparison to how great I feel now that I am getting the oxygen I need!

If you have had problems similar to me, I hope this will help you find relief. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

No comments: